Together with Decathlon, we have prepared a non-standard gamification campaign for employees of this brand. It was supposed to introduce them to the secrets of omnichannel sales and increase their competences in this area. For the purposes of the campaign, we created a virtual Omnimaster who shared his knowledge in an unconventional way and motivated to actively participate in the campaign.
Effects? Increased digital sales, greater customer satisfaction, better perception of e-commerce in the team.
strategy, creation, production
digital, POS, BTL, e-mailing, direct marketing
Since 2017, we have been successfully cooperating with this well-known foreign brand. Decathlon is the leader of the sports market in Poland. In our country it already has 60 stores, and around the world – over a thousand. We successfully run a variety of campaigns, including image and sales ones.
Our client wanted to familiarize employees with the subject of omnichannel sales, but also to show practical solutions and encourage the use of educational modules.
One of the most effective ways to transfer new knowledge to employees is to exchange experiences. It is not always easy – the company often lacks time or space for such activities. An unconventional solution was needed that would effectively motivate employees.
Instead of a real mentor, we created a virtual character, available at any time of the day or night – the Omnimaster. In our idea, he had full knowledge of multi-channel sales and was able to share it in an accessible and engaging way. It was an inseparable element of the entire gamification action.
We followed the example of the masters of eastern martial arts. We gave it an exaggerated character, it was characterized by an unusual language and sense of humor. This made the message more attractive in the eyes of the target group – mostly young employees who are also passionate about sports.
The campaign was based on gamification mechanics involving all employees and building a sense of responsibility for the collective result of their team. Stores from all over Poland competed with each other and gradually gained a greater and greater degree of “initiation”. The phraseology and aesthetics of the action referred to the culture of the East, including the fact that we awarded participants with belts for achievements.
On educational films, Omnimaster shared his experiences in multi-channel sales and presented new tools to employees. He introduced adepts to the digital world, familiarized them with e-commerce and motivated to start training.
It was to be continued
The team liked the character of the Omnimaster so much that the gamification with her participation appeared in the company’s communication twice more – when introducing the new Decathlon application and promoting new omnichannel tools.
Better, more, interesting
The campaign resulted in an increase in digital sales and an increase in customer satisfaction (including the collection of online orders in the store). Additionally, together with Decathlon, we made the team’s daily work more attractive and easier.
1. The website does not automatically collect any information, except for information contained in cookies.
2. Cookie are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored in the terminal equipment of the Service User and are designed to use the Website. Cookies usually contain the name of the website from which they come from, the time they are stored on your terminal equipment and a unique number.
3. The entity placing on the terminal equipment of the Service User cookies and obtaining access to them is the operator of the Service Neon Shake with its registered office at the address ul. Gabrieli Zapolska 1/310, 50-032 Wrocław.
4. Cookie files are used for the purpose:
a) adjusting the content of the Website to the User's preferences and optimising the use of the Website; in particular, these files make it possible to recognise the Website User's device and to display the Website accordingly, adjusted to their individual needs;
b) create statistics that help to understand how Service Users use the websites, which allows to improve their structure and content;
c) maintaining a Service User session (once logged in) so that the User does not have to re-enter his/her login and password on each subpage of the Service;
5. Two basic types of cookies are used within the Service: "session" (session cookies) and "permanent" (persistent cookies). Session" cookies are temporary files, which are stored in the user's terminal device until logging out, leaving the website or turning off the software (web browser). "Persistent" cookies are stored in the User's terminal equipment for the time specified in the parameters of cookies or until they are deleted by the User.
6. The following types of cookies are used in the Service:
a) "necessary" cookie files, enabling the use of services available within the Service, e.g. authentication of cookie files used for services requiring authentication within the Service;
b) "functional" cookie files, enabling "remembering" of settings selected by a User and personalization of User's interface, e.g. in the scope of a selected language or region, from which a User comes from, font size, appearance of a website etc;
c) "Analytical" cookie files, enabling the collection of information on how to use the Website's websites;
7. In many cases the software used to browse the web pages (web browser) by default allows to store cookies in the User's device. Service Users may at any time change the settings for cookies. These settings can be changed in particular in such a way as to block the automatic handling of cookies in the settings of the Internet browser or inform about their placement in the device of the Service User. Detailed information about the possibilities and ways of handling cookies are available in the software settings (Internet browser).
9. Cookie files placed in the final device of the Service User and may also be used by advertisers and partners cooperating with the Service Operator.
10. More information about cookie files in the "Help" section of the Internet browser menu.